Tuesday, November 16, 2021

BACK FROM THE DEAD, AND SOME NEWS!

 

IT'S BEEN A WHILE, HASN'T IT? Like, three years since my last post. Did you miss me? I'm not sure what I can blame the lapse on - a pandemic, a bad attitude or simple ennui, perhaps a focus on other things, like painting or flamenco. 

Anyway, here I am again, resurrecting Suzenyms, and along with the blog, some news. I've registered my own imprint. Here's the new logo:

Three of Pentacles Press

Why Three of Pentacles, you might ask? The Three of Pentacles is one of my favorite tarot cards. It means mastery and collaboration. The Rider Waite deck features three people working together on a cathedral arch - a mason/sculptor, a priest, and a noble. I also like to interpret the card as combining talents, time, and people in order to create something lasting and great. What I hope to do eventually, with this imprint. 

The title above, is the first book under the new publishing name. Maybe you recognize the title - The ABC's of How NOT to Write Speculative Fiction. For a number of years, I featured the ABC's here, on Suzenyms. I've updated and rewritten them, and now they're in their 3rd edition and available as an epub for the Kindle on Amazon. You can link to the pages here: 


Plus, the paperback is also out! Finally!

I'll also be re-releasing my anthology, The Tattooed Witch, The Tattooed Seer, and The Tattooed Queen, now that I have the rights back for all three books. They were originally published through Five Rivers Press. (Thank you, Lorina Stephens, for your validation and support). 

After I get those done, who knows? I'd like to record my trilogy on Audible. I'll probably do it, myself. We'll see. 

I'm also toying with starting a YouTube channel, based on my old Letters to the Slush Pile posts, which you can still find here on the blog. What I'd like to do is to take samples of writing submitted to me, and discuss where the prose is working, and where it still needs work. All without mentioning anyone's names, of course. If any of you out there want free editing advice, and are willing to endure an honest critique with the idea that your work might eventually be the source of a YouTube post, please contact me at threeofpentspress@yahoo.com. For now, I'm limiting my focus to short stories. I'm not quite set up for YouTube, yet. Have to learn how to handle the new vlogger camera, first. :-) But if you're interested in receiving advice from an editor of 30+ years, drop me a line, and let's see where I might help you. 

That's it for now! It's good to be back! :-)

- Susan.






No comments:

Post a Comment