Monday, June 03, 2013

PUBLISHING NEWS: THE TATTOOED WITCH

I'M BREAKING A POSTING PROMISE. I was going to post Rachel Sentes’ guest post on 'Do I Need a Publicist, and if so, What Kind?' (and I still intend to, within the next few days), but news like this only comes around once in a great while. After six years of hard work (and as many revisions), Five Rivers Publishing is going to publish my first novel, The Tattooed Witch. Better yet, they’ve signed me for the next two books in the trilogy. Hopefully, The Tattooed Witch will be released sometime this fall.

It’s been quite a journey. Like all writers, I’ve undergone a huge learning curve: writing a novel is not like writing a short story, the form with which I’ve been most familiar. I’ve been blessed with wonderful teachers, my agent Sally Harding, in particular. I’ve been more than fortunate in finding a terrific Editor-in-Chief in Robert Runté and a wonderful publisher in Lorina Stephens. Because the book straddles paranormal romance and historical fantasy, I am thankful that both Robert and Lorina are not tied by strict genre guidelines.  

I finished penning my Dedication and Afterword this morning. Artist Jeff Minkevics is either thinking about the cover, or he has started work on it. I am thrilled and happy to be taking my place alongside so many of my friends who have published novels or collections. And to all of you who have offered me your congratulations, thank you for filling my happiness to the brim.

Next Post: Guest Post by Rachel Sentes, Publicist, Do I Need a Publicist, and if so, What Kind?

Stay tuned.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Congratulations! This is huge news and even though I'm not big on romance, I'm definitely going to keep an eye out for it! Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, Justin! I'm hoping the book will be a draw with enough of the fantasy element balancing any romance. A number of folks have told me it's a definite hybrid, so hopefully, the best of both worlds.

    ReplyDelete