Friday, April 04, 2014

THE NOMINATIONS FOR THE AURORAS, THIS WEEK


I AM HEADING OFF TO ISTANBUL TOMORROW, so I'm not sure if I'll be able to post from there while I'm gone. I'll be back in a week, so it's a very short trip. In the meantime, the Canadian Science Fiction and Fantasy Association is encouraging people to nominate Canadian works published in 2013 for an Aurora award. Nominations must be made by April 12, 2014.

If you're not aware of the CSFFA, it costs $10.00 to join (which is easy enough via Paypal). Once you're a member, you have the right to nominate any Canadian novel, short story, website, etc., under the various categories, which I've linked to above. Short lists are created from those works that have the most nominations; members then vote for their favorite works by September. I'm hoping that if enough folks nominate Suzenyms under Best Fan Publication, the blog will be short-listed. If you have found value in what I have shared here, please think of nominating Suzenyms.

I am also eligible for nomination under Best Novel, English, for my debut novel, The Tattooed Witch. (I doubt very much if I'd win an Aurora for it as I'm up against some very famous and amazing writers, but it would be nice just to be nominated).

And, of course, I can't forget mentioning that On Spec Magazine can also be nominated under Best Related Work, English.

Thank you so much for your support!

- Susan.

No comments:

Post a Comment