We've seen the following soapbox plot lines (or something similar) at On Spec:
- A prostitute argues Christian ethics and ‘hypocrisy’ with her John, who is a pastor.
- Trees surround a camper and accuse him of his lack of environmental sensitivity. They end up killing him in order to stop forest fires.
- A butcher dreams of being served up on a platter in a restaurant to hungry cows. He awakens to find he isn't dreaming.
- After a mother loses her son in a terrorist attack, she quotes religious scripture for comfort.
- A trio of friends narrowly escape a ‘good old boy’ cult, where the crazy leader justifies his attempts at kidnapping with ‘end of the world’ religious rhetoric.
- Something ‘nasty’ crawls out of a lake, because cottagers (or big business industrialists) have been dumping sewage into the water for years.